Making Money with Paid Surveys Case Study #7 - Adam
Here you'll find our previous Case Studies with Valerie, Mark, Sara, Katie, Emma, Carol.
This time we've gathered tips and advice on paid surveys from 25 year old Adam, who works as a System Analyst in West Midlands and does paid surveys and some other online jobs in his free time. We think he breaks all the stereotypes about a typical survey taker. Find out which survey companies Adam prefers and what he has to say about his 3 year experience.
How long have you been taking paid surveys?
• Around 3 years
Do you have any other jobs?
• Yes, I am currently a systems analyst
How many different survey companies have you tried?
• Around 8
Which survey companies do you like the most?
• Valued Opinons, MySurvey, Vivatic and Opinion World
Why do you like this or these specific survey companies the most - in what way this company is better than others?
• Valued Opinions always offer a constant stream of surveys, which allow you to express your opinion. This is very much true of Opinion World and MySurvey too.
I like Vivatic as there are many different ways to earn cash - not just by completing surveys.
Do you do surveys every day?
How much time does it take to fill in surveys in order to earn something?
• Average survey, I would say around 15 minutes. On an average day, maybe 30-45 mins of your time.
On average - how many surveys you take during one week?
• Between 15-20
What do you usually earn – gift vouchers or cash?
• Cash (paid via Paypal)
How do you choose to spend your earnings – cash or gift vouchers?
What is the value of your average earnings per month?
• I would say anywhere between £30-40 per month
What's the most you've ever earned from a single survey?
• £40 - which was an on-line focus group spanning over two weeks regarding mobile technology
Do you think it would be possible to earn more money with paid surveys and how?
• By having a good survey compare site, to offer surveys with the best rewards
Have you had a bad experience with any of the companies?
• Paid Offer - this company does not offer rewards (unless you pay!)
What is your top tip for taking surveys?
• Be truthful and open when taking them.
Have you tried any other home-based jobs?
What's the best question you've ever been asked in a paid survey?
• "If David Cameron knocked on your door, what issue would you raise with him"