How you can get Paid to Click
It's fair to say that in the current economic climate, many of us could do with being able to earn an extra little bit of money here and there. If you're already working full-time, or you're overstretched becasue you're juggling home and family life, taking on another full- or part-time job just isn't an option.
However, there are a myriad of ways in which it is possible to earn admittedly quite small sums, but which you can then accumulate over time to really make a difference. Best of all, most of these options are available to those based from home and will allow you to get started straight away.
One of the simplest ways you can start to earn very small amounts of money is to get paid for clicking on adverts and links contained within certain websites. This article will get you up to speed with what's involved and give you some hints and tips for making the most of this opportunity.
The first thing you will need to do is register with the marketing websites that will actually be paying you to click on adverts. Swagbucks and Inbox Pounds are both good places to start.
Please be aware that no reputable website will ask you for money up front, so if you come across a company that asks you to do so, you should be very cautious about proceeding any further. Unfortunately, the internet will always be attractive to those people trying to scam others and use illegitimate websites to make a profit from innocent, unsuspecting visitors.
However, the good news is that you should be absolutely fine if you simply take the time to read everything carefully and use the rule of thumb that if something seems to good to be true then the chances are that that's the case.
The skills and equipment you will need
Getting 'paid to click' is a fantastic place to being your journey earning money from home as you won't need to by any special equipment or incur any costs additional to those you already have. You will need a reliable computer and a trustworthy (and reasonably quick) internet connection, but assuming you have these things at your disposal you can get get started immediately.
In addition to the above, you do not require any particular special skills to take advantage of this idea. You should be able to read English competently and an ability to do this quickly would benefit you, as you'll be able to work your way through more assignments that way. On occasion you might be asked to provide written responses of your own (for example, if you are proving a detailed explanation in your answer to a poll or questionnaire) so having a good grasp of written English will make that part of the job easier.
More detail about the tasks you will be asked to complete
Your tasks will vary according to which websites you are visiting and the nature of the research they are conducting, but as a general guide you could be asked to:
- click on (then follow through and view) advertisements on certain websites, after which you may or may not be required to feed back to the company about your opinion on what you've seen.
- answer polls about different products and services, or about advertising and marketing campaigns that you have seen. As a consumer, your thoughts are highly useful to a wide variety of companies and they are always keen to hear about what you think in order to be able to improve their offering in the future.
- enter competitions, as marketing companies often need to show a certain level of involvement with a campaign (and the competition is bound to be part of a campaign or promotion of some sort on their part) to indicate that they are reaching consumers.
- read emails from various companies about products and services that they offer.
- search the internet, which will give companies useful information about what other products and services are out there that are similar to their own. It could also provide them with an insight into how their company appears to a member of the general public when searching online, such as how high they are ranked in search engine results and whether this has an impact on how many people follow through to their website.
The above list is not exhaustive but it does at least give you some idea as to what you sort of assignments you will be given.
How payment will be made
In most instances, payment will be made into a Paypal account or in the form of vouchers for major retailers such as Amazon. Most tasks will earn you a few pennies at the most, but there is often no limit (other than your own time constraints) as to how many tasks you can complete each day. There will usually be a minimum amount that you will have to earn before you can draw out any of your funds, but for some companies this is as little as three pounds.
On its own, getting paid to click might not seem like the most lucrative way to earn money. However, when balanced out against the relatively minimal input on your part, it can be a very good option when included as part of a portfolio of other ways to earn money online and from your own home.